Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Availability of fonts in VBA

I prepared a little VBA program under Excel to help myself and others i
the study of arabic. I created various "labels" which should sho
different arabic words using the font "Simplified Arabic" which i
available both in the Excel sheets and in the VBA editor; but that fon
is actually used only in the sheets, in VBA, when I launch the program
the "Tahoma" font is used instead, and that font is not good for m
purposes. Is there anyone who has an idea what could be the cause, an
possibly the solution, of the problem ?
Another thing: I'm facing this problem with Excel 2002 (SP2) but no
with Excel 2003, where everything goes smooth. Thank you so much
Francesco

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you sure simplified arabic is installed on the computers having
problems?

Tom Ogilvy

"FrandeM " wrote in message
I prepared a little VBA program under Excel to help myself and others in
the study of arabic. I created various "labels" which should show
different arabic words using the font "Simplified Arabic" which is
available both in the Excel sheets and in the VBA editor; but that font
is actually used only in the sheets, in VBA, when I launch the program,
the "Tahoma" font is used instead, and that font is not good for my
purposes. Is there anyone who has an idea what could be the cause, and
possibly the solution, of the problem ?
Another thing: I'm facing this problem with Excel 2002 (SP2) but not
with Excel 2003, where everything goes smooth. Thank you so much.
Francesco.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do think that font is installed because it appears in the lists o
fonts both under the Excel sheets and under VBA editor. Is there a wa
to check which fonts are actually available under VBA ? Could it b
that something was overlooked while installing the arabic language i
Office

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Word has a FontNames object. To get the names in Excel, I had to link to the
Word object library, like this:

Set Wd = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set FontList = Wd.FontNames

For Each FontName In FontList
'your code here to process the list
Next FontName

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 18:08:46 -0500, FrandeM
wrote:

I do think that font is installed because it appears in the lists of
fonts both under the Excel sheets and under VBA editor. Is there a way
to check which fonts are actually available under VBA ? Could it be
that something was overlooked while installing the arabic language in
Office ?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your advice Myrna, I tried it and got the same list o
fonts that I get in the Excel sheets and in VBA editor, so th
"Simplified Arabic" seems to be actually available to VBA, but, as
matter of fact, for some reason it is replaced by "Tahoma" when th
program runs