Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2 questions : ordering and placing

Hi there.....

Thanks for all the help you gave me thus far but i still have question
hehe....

First : i want to order the value in the cell c4:c28. they ar
alphanumerical value and must be placed in increasing order (what th
word for that ?)...

Second : I got a function that insert a captured value (via inputbox
into the first free cell in c4:c28. Now i want it to place a value i
the cell adjacent to it (d4:d28) that will be a date inputed vi
another inputbox.... how do i do that ? what is the code to get th
cell beside another one ? c4 + 1 ?

thanks a lot for all your upcoming help... and once more sorry for m
not perfect english

Ya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) Sort

Turn on the macro recorder while you select the range and do Data=Sort

2)
Dim myDate as Date
myDate = cDate(InputBox("Please Enter a Date"))
set rng = Range("C4").End(xldown)
if isempty(Range("C4")) then
set rng = Range("C4")
elseif isempty(Range("C5")) then
set rng = Range("C5")
elseif rng.row 28 then
msgbox "Out of room"
exit sub
end if
rng.offset(0,1).Value = myDate

Tom Ogilvy

"Yan Robidoux " wrote in
message ...
Hi there.....

Thanks for all the help you gave me thus far but i still have questions
hehe....

First : i want to order the value in the cell c4:c28. they are
alphanumerical value and must be placed in increasing order (what the
word for that ?)...

Second : I got a function that insert a captured value (via inputbox)
into the first free cell in c4:c28. Now i want it to place a value in
the cell adjacent to it (d4:d28) that will be a date inputed via
another inputbox.... how do i do that ? what is the code to get the
cell beside another one ? c4 + 1 ?

thanks a lot for all your upcoming help... and once more sorry for my
not perfect english

Yan

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming