Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro sending Excel template data to database

I am working with Excel 2000 and I have developed a
template for data input and then used the template wizard
to dump the data into an excel database. I am
using "record macro" for users to submit the information.
One of the functions I want the macro to record is to
save the file. When I do this manually, a pop-up box
appears called "template file - save to database" and it
says "the contents of this workbook have not been saved
as a record in the database. What would you like to do?
create a new record; continue without updating " I want
the program to choose "create a new record". I can do
this manually, but when I go to the recorded macro, it
only has: Activeworkbook.save
And when I run the macro, it does not transfer the data
into my database, so it looks like it defaults
to "continue without updating"

I would like to add the code to choose "create a new
record" in that pop-up box, but have no coding
experience. Can anyone help me? Thanks.