Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Appears that HotKeys have been used, but where in Excel 97?

Hiya,
I have a spreadsheet that has been moved from one PC that was running Excel
97 to another running Excel XP. On the old PC, when the user presses ctrl + A
it resets all of the values in a certain column to zero. There are other
keyboard shortcuts that do odd things as well, but none of them work on the
new PC. I have looked at the old PC and there are no macros or any VBA behind
the spreadsheet. Does anyone have any idea as to how this was done? I would
like to repeat it on the new PC. If I open a new spreadsheet, put some dummy
data into it and press the ctrl + A it selects all rather than behaving the
same way as the previous sheet did.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Don't know how this was done but can be done by recording
a new macro (resetting values to zero) and assigning
ctrl+a as a shortcut key

I have a spreadsheet that has been moved from one PC that

was running Excel
97 to another running Excel XP. On the old PC, when the

user presses ctrl + A
it resets all of the values in a certain column to zero.

There are other
keyboard shortcuts that do odd things as well, but none

of them work on the
new PC. I have looked at the old PC and there are no

macros or any VBA behind
the spreadsheet. Does anyone have any idea as to how this

was done? I would
like to repeat it on the new PC. If I open a new

spreadsheet, put some dummy
data into it and press the ctrl + A it selects all rather

than behaving the
same way as the previous sheet did.
Thanks in advance

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know how it could be done, thats where I looked in the first place - but
no. There are no warnings about macro security on starting and there is no
vba code in the workbook at all. I am at a loss. Is there a personal.xls for
Excel 97? Thinking about it it cannot be in there, or it would effect ALL
workbooks and it doesn't - just this one! Well confused here

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, xl97 does have a personal.xls if the user creates it and this would be
a likely place to look for the functionality you describe. Also, any file
in the xlstart directory is loaded when Excel is started, (and thus would
act just like a personal.xls if it were hidden - personal.xls is nothing
more than a hidden workbook in the xlstart directory). Also, you could
have an addin selected which produces this functionality. Look in
Tools=Addins in you Excel 97 and see what addins are selected.

Tom Ogilvy