Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Appears that HotKeys have been used, but where in Excel 97?

Yes, xl97 does have a personal.xls if the user creates it and this would be
a likely place to look for the functionality you describe. Also, any file
in the xlstart directory is loaded when Excel is started, (and thus would
act just like a personal.xls if it were hidden - personal.xls is nothing
more than a hidden workbook in the xlstart directory). Also, you could
have an addin selected which produces this functionality. Look in
Tools=Addins in you Excel 97 and see what addins are selected.

Tom Ogilvy

"TonyWhite" wrote in message
I know how it could be done, thats where I looked in the first place - but
no. There are no warnings about macro security on starting and there is no
vba code in the workbook at all. I am at a loss. Is there a personal.xls

for
Excel 97? Thinking about it it cannot be in there, or it would effect ALL
workbooks and it doesn't - just this one! Well confused here

" wrote:

Don't know how this was done but can be done by recording
a new macro (resetting values to zero) and assigning
ctrl+a as a shortcut key