Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Filter

Is there anyway to refer to an item in an autofilter by
its index number instead of actual name itself? For
example lets say I have a table of data in Columns A:E
going down through row 10. If I go to Data - Filter -
Auto Filter, it will then put the drop down boxes in cells
A1, B1, C1, D1, and E1. Lets say I go to cell B1 and
select the drop downbox. If there are 4 different unique
items in this columnm, then I will see All, Top 10,
Custom, and then my 4 different values. Is there anyway I
can select 1 of my unique values in this list without
having to refer to it by its actual name? I want to refer
to it by its index number.... Thats even if you can do
this....

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks to me that you have to refer to the criteria by value. So I think
you have to create a sorted list of the unique items in a particular column
and use that to find the value of an item in a particular position.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP