Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Auto Filter Filter

Good day, I am using Excel 2007 and am trying to filter out data based on
Open Completed, Closed. However, whenever I try to auto filter e.g. I want
only a list of the Open files, I still have some Closed files and Completed
files amongst the list. Is there any thing that I can do to correct this
situation. Appreciate any assistance provided.
--
Django
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Are you saying that in a column you have something like:

STATUS
Open
Completed
Closed
Closed
Open
Completed
Completed

and you have an auto filter on that column and when you uncheck Completed
and Closed you still have some displayed?

If that is the case it suggests:
1. There are typos in the data, for example a trailing space in the word
Completed
2. There are blank rows so that Excel does not know that the data extends
down through all your data, in which case you must highlight the entire
range and then turn on the auto filters.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP