Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default entering data and updating the list

I have this work sheet called Inventory. It is long sheet with over 200
lines in it. It looks like this

Style S M L XL
100 9 8 6 9
101 8 6 5 7

What I want to do is create another sheet or create something in th
same sheet where I can enter my order shipped and I want to subtrac
this order from the inventory sheet. I know I can create a separat
sheet and keep on entering my orders in the that sheet and use
vlookup function to subtract from the inventory sheet but the list i
my order entering sheet is going to become too long and it is going t
take long. I wondering if there is a way where I can enetr my orde
shipped in a sheet and when I press some button or something and i
will subtract that order from the inventory list and I don't have t
save the order shipped list.

I hope I am making sense.

Please help.

Thank you
Dalji

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're probably better off keeping things separately. For exemplo, keep a
sheet for shipped and ordered. On a third sheet you make the consolidations.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

daljit

I helped someone else with a simualar situation. If you want send me
short version and I put something togeather for you.
send to

Charle

--
Message posted from