Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Storing additonal information for a cell

Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to store additional "programmer defined"
information against individual cells?

I have an application and want to store hidden data for each cell in the
spreadsheet itself.

Could I maybe use smart tags for this?

Thanks,
Peter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Peter

You'll doubtless get a ton of suggestions for this but I would use range
names. Most of what you do will be difficult to hide from the user totally
though

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Peter" wrote in message
Does anyone know if it is possible to store additional "programmer
defined"
information against individual cells?

I have an application and want to store hidden data for each cell in the
spreadsheet itself.

Could I maybe use smart tags for this?

Thanks,
Peter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
never have used smarttags (but I assume you'll have
problems with downward compatibility). some ideas:
- use a comment (and hide the comment indicator)
- use a defined name (made invisible)
- use a hidden sheet

.