Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Storing Cell Values in Access

I wouuld like to take the vaues held in particular cells in a spreadsheet and, using one of these as a key, store them as a row in an predifined Access table.
Later I would need to select the key from a drop down menu in Excel and repopluate the spreadsheet cells at the same locations.
I guess I need to open the Access appliaction up from Excel and push/pull the values over.
Can you help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mick,

You may have to provide a little more information <g. Perhaps though

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...pplication.asp

will get you started and then you can come back with some more precise
questions.

HTH

Peter Beach

"Mick" wrote in message
I wouuld like to take the vaues held in particular cells in a spreadsheet

and, using one of these as a key, store them as a row in an predifined
Access table.
Later I would need to select the key from a drop down menu in Excel and

repopluate the spreadsheet cells at the same locations.
I guess I need to open the Access appliaction up from Excel and push/pull

the values over.
Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It
includes examples of using variables in SQL queries.
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html

Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to:

* create a database,
* create a table and add data to it,
* select data from a table,
* update records,
* delete a table,
* delete a database.

DAO and ADO files available.

You can also download the demonstration file called "excelsql.zip".

The code is open and commented.

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins