Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linking To An Autofilter Arrow

Is it possible to select criteria from an autofilter but from
different worksheet. Can dropdown arrows be linked or copied via
macro?

Ton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
AFAIK you can't link an autofilter to a different sheet.
For your second question I'm not sure what you want to
copy?

Is it possible to select criteria from an autofilter but

from a
different worksheet. Can dropdown arrows be linked or

copied via a
macro?

Tony

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank

It is really the same question. I was intending to have a men
worksheet with dropdown arrows which slected from autofilter in
different sheet.

As it is not possible, I will have to re think.

Tony
:confused

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't link them, but you can use the change event in the sheet where the
selection is made, and update the criteria in the autofilter within that
event.

Tom Ogilvy

"TONYC " wrote in message
Hi Frank

It is really the same question. I was intending to have a menu
worksheet with dropdown arrows which slected from autofilter in a
different sheet.

As it is not possible, I will have to re think.

Tony

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Forgive my ignorance, but how would I change the event in the sheet?

Ton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

on Chip Pearson's site

has an introduction to Events

You aren't changing the event - the event is fired when a user changes the
value in the worksheet (edits a cell). You put code in the event to check
if it is a cell you are interested in, then if it is, you would use the
value placed there to do your work, such as set the criteria for an
autofilter on another sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"TONYC " wrote in message
Forgive my ignorance, but how would I change the event in the sheet?

Tony

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps what you need is to write the VBA code to generate the list of unique
items that you see in the AutoFilter dropdown (and sort it).