Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to locate record in VBA of Excel2000

I can use FIND method in Excel 2003 to locate record in a
data table so that I can return data of other fields of
that record, but in Excel 2000, it doesn't work, does
someone else have method to locate record of a data table
in Excel 2000 or earlier version?
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Find should work in xl2000. I use it all the time.

Post the offending line of code.

As posted in response to an earlier version of this question, perhaps you
are using arguments that were not supported in xl2000.

If you are using it in a User Defined Function (UDF) that is used in the
worksheet cells themselves, then that was not supported in xl2000.

Tom Ogilvy

"John.D" wrote in message
I can use FIND method in Excel 2003 to locate record in a
data table so that I can return data of other fields of
that record, but in Excel 2000, it doesn't work, does
someone else have method to locate record of a data table
in Excel 2000 or earlier version?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you can't get Find to work (it should, per Tom's message), you might be
able to substitute Application.Match(Target, Range("A1:A100"),0), or similar.