Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Writing to Network Workbook

Well, you could go to the trouble of doing it that way, but it seem
easier and just as effective to have the file on the network and jus
give the user a shortcut to the file on his/her computer. - piku

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MAS MAS is offline

Hi,

I have a single worksheet in a workbook that is populated by a single user
entering data in a userform that he/she calls up when required.

I want to create a copy of the worksheet and have it in a new workbook on
the network. When the original worksheet is updated I want to write the same
data to the new worksheet so that network users can just read it.

How do I get a userform to write to a workbook other than the one it is
created in ?

MAS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Would it be the better to put in a little password dialog for the for
and whatever else you want private? I haven't tried what you're askin
for in so long that I'd need to do research I don't have the time for a
the moment, but I'm hoping to contribute by focusing on the simpl
answers so as to avoid any unnecessary complexity. I just think tha
if you were to have the form drive the creation of a new sheet in th
same workbook, you could hide and lock the remaining sheets, th
project and whatever else you're concerned about. - piku

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MAS MAS is offline

The problem with that is that they then have access to the userform that
inputs data and a couple of other things on the original sheet that I don't
want to be 'public'.

I can make access read only to all bar the main user but that does not solve
my problem which is why I am looking to write the data to a second less
detailed worksheet in another workbook.

MAS

"pikus " wrote in message
Well, you could go to the trouble of doing it that way, but it seems
easier and just as effective to have the file on the network and just
give the user a shortcut to the file on his/her computer. - pikus

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MAS MAS is offline

That was an option I considered but I am looking to keep the burden to the
user with input access to a minimum.

They already have far too many usernames and passwords to remember/input for
other stuff they do so this is a 'KISS' task..

MAS

"pikus " wrote in message
Would it be the better to put in a little password dialog for the form
and whatever else you want private? I haven't tried what you're asking
for in so long that I'd need to do research I don't have the time for at
the moment, but I'm hoping to contribute by focusing on the simple
answers so as to avoid any unnecessary complexity. I just think that
if you were to have the form drive the creation of a new sheet in the
same workbook, you could hide and lock the remaining sheets, the
project and whatever else you're concerned about. - pikus

---