Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to create a "combination drop-down edit" box?

I want to create a combination drop-down edit box in my
SS, but the icon for this object is grayed out on my
control bar. I use the drop-down box icon, but cannot use
this icon. Any help on this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

create a dialogsheet. Put one on the dialog sheet. Copy it.

Paste it on a worksheet.

However, usually when a control is not available, there is a reason, so you
might run into problems with it on the worksheet. I haven't used one enough
to say. But it seems the above method was what I used to get it on a
worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rocko" wrote in message
I want to create a combination drop-down edit box in my
SS, but the icon for this object is grayed out on my
control bar. I use the drop-down box icon, but cannot use
this icon. Any help on this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since I am using Excel 2000 and dialog sheets apparently
are from a previous version (5.0?), how do you create a
dialog sheet in Excel 2000?

create a dialogsheet. Put one on the dialog sheet.

Copy it.

Paste it on a worksheet.

However, usually when a control is not available, there

is a reason, so you
might run into problems with it on the worksheet. I

haven't used one enough
to say. But it seems the above method was what I used to

get it on a
worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rocko" wrote in

message
I want to create a combination drop-down edit box in my
SS, but the icon for this object is grayed out on my
control bar. I use the drop-down box icon, but cannot

use
this icon. Any help on this?

Thanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rocko,

Right-click a sheet tab | Insert | MS Excel 5.0 Dialog

---
Regards,
Norman