-   -   How to create a "combination drop-down edit" box? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305579-how-create-combination-drop-down-edit-box.html)

Rocko[_2_]

How to create a "combination drop-down edit" box?

I want to create a combination drop-down edit box in my
SS, but the icon for this object is grayed out on my
control bar. I use the drop-down box icon, but cannot use
this icon. Any help on this?

Thanks!

Tom Ogilvy

How to create a "combination drop-down edit" box?

create a dialogsheet. Put one on the dialog sheet. Copy it.

Paste it on a worksheet.

However, usually when a control is not available, there is a reason, so you
might run into problems with it on the worksheet. I haven't used one enough
to say. But it seems the above method was what I used to get it on a
worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rocko" wrote in message
I want to create a combination drop-down edit box in my
SS, but the icon for this object is grayed out on my
control bar. I use the drop-down box icon, but cannot use
this icon. Any help on this?

Thanks!

Rocko[_2_]

How to create a "combination drop-down edit" box?

Since I am using Excel 2000 and dialog sheets apparently
are from a previous version (5.0?), how do you create a
dialog sheet in Excel 2000?

create a dialogsheet. Put one on the dialog sheet.

Copy it.

Paste it on a worksheet.

However, usually when a control is not available, there

is a reason, so you
might run into problems with it on the worksheet. I

haven't used one enough
to say. But it seems the above method was what I used to

get it on a
worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rocko" wrote in

message
I want to create a combination drop-down edit box in my
SS, but the icon for this object is grayed out on my
control bar. I use the drop-down box icon, but cannot

use
this icon. Any help on this?

Thanks!

.

Norman Jones

How to create a "combination drop-down edit" box?

Hi Rocko,

Right-click a sheet tab | Insert | MS Excel 5.0 Dialog

---
Regards,
Norman