Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dumb Question

Hi,

I have a workbook with a ton of Named Ranges (done by Insert/Name). Are
these inefficient and memory hogs? I have procedures that reference these
dynamic named ranges, so I kind of need them. Just curious if having 200 or
so of them is slowing things down. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ineffieient...no. I use range names several different ways.
as table names with linking access to excel files
as set print in a macro that prints out a reports
and others ways that i can't seem to think of right now.
memory hogs. not sure. don't think so. but i would use
them anyway even if they were.
I have a workbook with a ton of Named Ranges (done by

Insert/Name). Are
these inefficient and memory hogs? I have procedures

that reference these
dynamic named ranges, so I kind of need them. Just

curious if having 200 or
so of them is slowing things down. Thanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

200 doesn't seem like that many to me.

Since you use names in your workbooks, download Jan Karel Pieterse's (with
Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager.

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.bmsltd.ie/mvp

It'll make working with names much, much easier.

--

Dave Peterson