Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Merging cells must be text format

I have two cells I need to merge: The first:

CELL A1: CREDIT LIMIT
CELL A2: 10000000

The end result needs to look like this:

CREDIT LIMIT $ 10,000,000

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
=A1 & " " & TEXT(A2,"$ 0,0")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Programmer wanna be wrote:
I have two cells I need to merge: The first:

CELL A1: CREDIT LIMIT
CELL A2: 10000000

The end result needs to look like this:

CREDIT LIMIT $ 10,000,000

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank for your help.

Unfortunately the credit limit values change depending on account the
formula is assigned to. Is there a way to automatically, through a
formula determine the amount of characters, then assign the commas
accordingly?

thanks

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message ...
Hi
try
=A1 & " " & TEXT(A2,"$ 0,0")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Programmer wanna be wrote:
I have two cells I need to merge: The first:

CELL A1: CREDIT LIMIT
CELL A2: 10000000

The end result needs to look like this:

CREDIT LIMIT $ 10,000,000

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
this format is just for adding 'thousand-delimiters'. So It should work
regardless of the value in cell A2

--
Regards
Frank Kabel