-   -   Merging cells must be text format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305022-merging-cells-must-text-format.html)

Programmer wanna be

Merging cells must be text format

I have two cells I need to merge: The first:

CELL A1: CREDIT LIMIT
CELL A2: 10000000

The end result needs to look like this:

CREDIT LIMIT $ 10,000,000

Please help.

Frank Kabel

Merging cells must be text format

Hi
try
=A1 & " " & TEXT(A2,"$ 0,0")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Programmer wanna be wrote:
I have two cells I need to merge: The first:

CELL A1: CREDIT LIMIT
CELL A2: 10000000

The end result needs to look like this:

CREDIT LIMIT $ 10,000,000

Please help.

Programmer wanna be

Merging cells must be text format

Thank for your help.

Unfortunately the credit limit values change depending on account the
formula is assigned to. Is there a way to automatically, through a
formula determine the amount of characters, then assign the commas
accordingly?

thanks

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message ...
Hi
try
=A1 & " " & TEXT(A2,"$ 0,0")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Programmer wanna be wrote:
I have two cells I need to merge: The first:

CELL A1: CREDIT LIMIT
CELL A2: 10000000

The end result needs to look like this:

CREDIT LIMIT $ 10,000,000

Please help.

Frank Kabel

Merging cells must be text format

Hi
this format is just for adding 'thousand-delimiters'. So It should work
regardless of the value in cell A2

--
Regards
Frank Kabel