Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

Default Protect a group of cells

How do I protect only a group of cells to prevent any change or deletion of
data, and not the entire worksheet? I selected the groups of cells that I
want to protect, and did the protection, but it went ahead and protect
everything in the worksheet, which is what I don't want.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

the default is for all cells to have their locked property set.

Select all the cells and uncheck the locked property.

then select the group of cells and check the locked property

then protect the sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Raymond" wrote in message
How do I protect only a group of cells to prevent any change or deletion

of
data, and not the entire worksheet? I selected the groups of cells that I
want to protect, and did the protection, but it went ahead and protect
everything in the worksheet, which is what I don't want.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

Especially ones for which your question is not really relevant.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services