Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Prolem with recalculation

Hi everyone,

I have a workbook which contains several user defined functions in Excel 2000. I use the workbook in manual recalculation mode.

The problem is that when I hit F9 it doesn't recalculate the user defined functions, only the Excel ones. At the moment I have to go through all the cells with user defined functions and do F2..Enter. This takes me a long, long, long time.....

Does anyone know of any setting I can use to force Excel to recalculate everything???

TIA,
big t

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

<Ctrl<Alt<F9 will do a full recalc.

If you enter this line:

Application.Volatile

as the first line in your UDFs, the UDFs are
recalculated along with Excel, but it may seriously
slow down your application.

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"big t" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi everyone,

I have a workbook which contains several user defined functions in Excel

2000. I use the workbook in manual recalculation mode.

The problem is that when I hit F9 it doesn't recalculate the user defined

functions, only the Excel ones. At the moment I have to go through all the
cells with user defined functions and do F2..Enter. This takes me a long,
long, long time.....

Does anyone know of any setting I can use to force Excel to recalculate

everything???

TIA,
big t

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
in addition to Leo's answer:
- you may include the cell reference as parameter in your
UDF
- you may add the statement
application.volatile
at the beginning of your UDF

I have a workbook which contains several user defined

functions in Excel 2000. I use the workbook in manual
recalculation mode.

The problem is that when I hit F9 it doesn't recalculate

the user defined functions, only the Excel ones. At the
moment I have to go through all the cells with user
defined functions and do F2..Enter. This takes me a long,
long, long time.....

Does anyone know of any setting I can use to force Excel

to recalculate everything???

TIA,
big t

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Frank Kabel" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi
in addition to Leo's answer:
- you may add the statement
application.volatile
at the beginning of your UDF

Addition??

LeoH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Leo
sorry, wwrong word used :-(

Meant it as alternative idea to prevent this recalculation
problem at all

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Leo
NOW I see it :-) - more coffee needed

I simply stop reading after your first part of your
response.

Mea culpa for this!!