Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
workerboy

Default Recalculation

Hi,

Excel automatically calculates cells which I don't need so I went to
Tools Options Calculations and changed it to manual calculation.
But from time to time for some reason, Excel switches back to automatic
calculation. Is there any reason for this and anyway I can avoid this
from happening?

Thanks

--
workerboy
workerboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34121

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi workerboy.

Whether Auto Calc is on or off is determined by the first spreadsheet you
open during the session.
Hope this helps.
Andy.

"workerboy" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

Excel automatically calculates cells which I don't need so I went to
Tools Options Calculations and changed it to manual calculation.
But from time to time for some reason, Excel switches back to automatic
calculation. Is there any reason for this and anyway I can avoid this
from happening?

Thanks

--
workerboy
workerboy's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542130

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
workerboy

Thanks for the help Andy. I guess i'll just make an auto open macro that
changes it to manual each time.

--
workerboy
workerboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34121
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542130

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

Another possibility is a macro that changes calculation to manual before it
starts processing, and then, assuming that calculation had been automatic
before it started (which in your case would be an incorrect assumption)
changes calculation to automatic.

--
Kevin Vaughn