Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pivot table series problems

i'm making a pivot table and need to put two separate fields into th
series section, which is fine, except they overlap! All the data i
not one or the other, some is both. How can I make the pivot tabl
understand this. When I put the two sections into the series i
combines them to be different. One field should be Year to Date an
the other is Current. EVERYTHING (67) should be Year to Date, but onl
20 should be Current, b/c those are the projects just for this month.
I have two columns in the sheet, one has YTD all the way down all th
info, the other column just has current on those that are current. i
graphs "blank-ytd" and "current-ytd" so essentially it is graphin
current and everything else. It doesn't recognize that they overlap.
HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need two fields, one for Current, and one for YTD. Or do I
misunderstand your problem?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

bjackal831 < wrote:

i'm making a pivot table and need to put two separate fields into the
series section, which is fine, except they overlap! All the data is
not one or the other, some is both. How can I make the pivot table
understand this. When I put the two sections into the series it
combines them to be different. One field should be Year to Date and
the other is Current. EVERYTHING (67) should be Year to Date, but only
20 should be Current, b/c those are the projects just for this month.
I have two columns in the sheet, one has YTD all the way down all the
info, the other column just has current on those that are current. it
graphs "blank-ytd" and "current-ytd" so essentially it is graphing
current and everything else. It doesn't recognize that they overlap.
HELP!

---