Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding text to first empy cell in column A

Would someone be able to help me to get excel to type in the word "End
(without quotations of course) in the first empty cell in column A?

I tried to make a macro by hitting Ctrl+down arrow in coulmn A, bu
that still records it by the row number. So at the time I would hav
typed End in row 803, but next time I run the excel sheet, it migh
grow to encompass row 825, and now I would overwrite what ever is i
row 803.

Could anyone show me the script or macro to be able to do this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sunnmann

Use the End property

Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1,0).Value = "End"

Some people like to go up instead of down in case there are blanks

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Value = "End"

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Sunnmann " wrote in message
Would someone be able to help me to get excel to type in the word "End"
(without quotations of course) in the first empty cell in column A?

I tried to make a macro by hitting Ctrl+down arrow in coulmn A, but
that still records it by the row number. So at the time I would have
typed End in row 803, but next time I run the excel sheet, it might
grow to encompass row 825, and now I would overwrite what ever is in
row 803.

Could anyone show me the script or macro to be able to do this?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you very much. This helps me emensly and i will now add it to my
ever growing sheet of hints for working with Excel.

---