Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Displaying Web Page

Jim,

Put the following code in the appropriate sheet's code module:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, _
Cancel As Boolean)
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink _
Address:="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=" & _
Target.Text
Cancel = True

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Jim Zeeb" <Jim wrote in message
I want to display a web page using info from a cell when that

cell is double clicked.

For example, I have a cell with a stock symbol in it ( i.e.

MSFT)
When I double-click the cell, I want to start IE with the URL:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=MSFT

I've searched, but found no examples of this.