Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Me! Exporting Excel 97 to Excel 2000/2002

Hi there,

Can anybody help me out on the issue of exporting this excel file?

I have one excel file created using Ms Excel version 97. There are som
worksheets, macros and other automated processes involved in each o
these worksheets. What I were trying to do is, to export this exce
file to Ms Excel 2000/2002 since I am no longer using the older versio
of Ms Excel.

However, when I tried to export all of the data in this Excel 97 t
Excel 2000/2002, the column’s width becomes much bigger that it'
original file. This issue can become quite annoying, especially when
have quite a number of worksheets. I've tried many things and tricks
but still no luck.

Just wondering if there is a way to overcome this issue?
Perhaps using VBA coding, macros or other means.

Please kindly advice and help on this.
Thanks a lot.

- Mari

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mario -

How did you "export" the file? All you need to do to use an Excel 97
file in a later version of Excel, is to open the Excel file in another
version of Excel.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

mario88 < wrote:

Hi there,

Can anybody help me out on the issue of exporting this excel file?

I have one excel file created using Ms Excel version 97. There are some
worksheets, macros and other automated processes involved in each of
these worksheets. What I were trying to do is, to export this excel
file to Ms Excel 2000/2002 since I am no longer using the older version
of Ms Excel.

However, when I tried to export all of the data in this Excel 97 to
Excel 2000/2002, the column’s width becomes much bigger that it's
original file. This issue can become quite annoying, especially when I
have quite a number of worksheets. I've tried many things and tricks,
but still no luck.

Just wondering if there is a way to overcome this issue?
Perhaps using VBA coding, macros or other means.

Please kindly advice and help on this.
Thanks a lot.

- Mario

---