Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Followhyperlink - How do I disable IE launch?

Everytime I do a followhyperlink within excel such as

thisworkbook.followhyperlink "http://www.spoofee.com", , false

I say "False" to the NewWindow parameter, but it still launches, why
is that? Is there a way to disable this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Experimenting I find that (XL 2000 Win 2000) that a new IE window is opened
regardless of whether an instance is already running, or whether the
NewWindow parameter is True or False.

Looks like a bug to me, or I've stuffed up something in my IE settings <g.

Regards,

Peter Beach

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If there is no instance of IE open and you pass it a URL of a web page,

what
do you want to happen?

Tom Ogilvy

"Kenji4861" wrote in message
om...
Everytime I do a followhyperlink within excel such as

thisworkbook.followhyperlink "http://www.spoofee.com", , false

I say "False" to the NewWindow parameter, but it still launches, why
is that? Is there a way to disable this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you open the workbook with the macro in a web browser and run the code,
it opens in the existing window. If set to True, it opens a new browser
window with the page displayed. (xl97, Win 98SE).

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If there is no instance of IE open and you pass it a URL of a web page,

what
do you want to happen?

Tom Ogilvy

"Kenji4861" wrote in message
om...
Everytime I do a followhyperlink within excel such as

thisworkbook.followhyperlink "http://www.spoofee.com", , false

I say "False" to the NewWindow parameter, but it still launches, why
is that? Is there a way to disable this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Ah, opening it in the browser was the trick I missed :-( Can't think why I
missed it, a browser seems such an obvious host for a spreadsheet <vbg.

Regards,

Peter Beach

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If there is no instance of IE open and you pass it a URL of a web

page,
what
do you want to happen?

Tom Ogilvy