Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Beach Peter Beach is offline

Default Followhyperlink - How do I disable IE launch?

Hi Tom,

Experimenting I find that (XL 2000 Win 2000) that a new IE window is opened
regardless of whether an instance is already running, or whether the
NewWindow parameter is True or False.

Looks like a bug to me, or I've stuffed up something in my IE settings <g.

Regards,

Peter Beach

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If there is no instance of IE open and you pass it a URL of a web page,

what
do you want to happen?

Tom Ogilvy

"Kenji4861" wrote in message
om...
Everytime I do a followhyperlink within excel such as

thisworkbook.followhyperlink "http://www.spoofee.com", , false

I say "False" to the NewWindow parameter, but it still launches, why
is that? Is there a way to disable this?