Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MAS MAS is offline

Default Assign .value with the Mouse

Hi,

I have established on another ng that just as I thought there is no way to
get an inputbox to close using code, its the ok button or the enter key or
nothing..

So back to code, is there a way other than inputbox to prompt the user to
click on the desired cell and once a selection is made for the code to move
on to the
next stage ? using the content of the selected cell to assign a value to a
variable.

MAS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
one idea could be using the worksheet_selectionchange
event. e.g. put the following code in your worksheet
module:

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As
Excel.Range)
If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing _
Then Exit Sub
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub

MsgBox Target.Value

End Sub