Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hi I want to add the results on comparison with 2 fields.

hi There
I am looking for help getting the percentage failure in comparison wit
2 fields.

Say in worksheet1
field A:A has a category.
Field F:F has pass/fail.

In worksheet2
I need to have the count of fails in f:f where a:a is a particula
category.

Kindly help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The simplest thing to do is to use a Pivot Table. To do this, make sur
that each columns A--F has a title at the top of it. Even if it'
blank.

Select the entire table of data. On the menu, click Insert Name
Define. Pick a name you like. I like "data".

Next, go to the second sheet where you want the results. On the menu
click Data Pivot Table.

When the wizard pops up, the first answer you give is that the data i
an Excel list; click Next. Type in the name of the range you jus
defined; click Next. The next thing you will do is to drag the titl
from the top of Column A to the left of the pivot box and the titl
from the top of Column F to the interior of the pivot box. Then clic
Finish.

A second way to do this is to create a unique list of items in column
and paste it to the second sheet. Then in each cell next each item i
column A you insert the function "=Countif(.....)". Using the Inser
Function Wizard you should be able to figure this formula out.

I hope this helps

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MSP77079 wrote:
*The simplest thing to do is to use a Pivot Table. To do this, mak
sure that each columns A--F has a title at the top of it. Even i
it's blank.

Select the entire table of data. On the menu, click Insert Name
Define. Pick a name you like. I like "data".

Next, go to the second sheet where you want the results. On th
menu, click Data Pivot Table.

When the wizard pops up, the first answer you give is that the dat
is an Excel list; click Next. Type in the name of the range you jus
defined; click Next. The next thing you will do is to drag the titl
from the top of Column A to the left of the pivot box and the titl
from the top of Column F to the interior of the pivot box. The
click Finish.

A second way to do this is to create a unique list of items in colum
A and paste it to the second sheet. Then in each cell next each ite
in column A you insert the function "=Countif(.....)". Using th
Insert Function Wizard you should be able to figure this formul
out.

I hope this helps. *

Hi
I am sorry , i was not clear on my question.I have 8 sheets with liste
data .on each of the 8 sheets i need to get the data comparison fo
A--F.In addition my labels are listed vertically and not horizontally
Kindly help if you can