Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count Based on Comparison with Two Fields

I recently learned that I can count the number of items in one column that
match items in another column by using:

=COUNT(MATCH( 'Sheet1'!G2:G15001, 'Sheet2'!A2:A15, 0))

However, I now need to count records on one sheet in which TWO fields match
items in both of two separate columns (i.e., a comparison of two columns to
two columns and a count of records in the first that have fields matching
elements in the second) .

My attempt to use the above statement with an AND failed. Can someone
explain how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I would suggest that you post a before and after example. This will help us
help you.
--
Hope this help

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Mashuganah" wrote:

I recently learned that I can count the number of items in one column that
match items in another column by using:

=COUNT(MATCH( 'Sheet1'!G2:G15001, 'Sheet2'!A2:A15, 0))

However, I now need to count records on one sheet in which TWO fields match
items in both of two separate columns (i.e., a comparison of two columns to
two columns and a count of records in the first that have fields matching
elements in the second) .

My attempt to use the above statement with an AND failed. Can someone
explain how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to read each row in my data list , compare the "Caller" field to the
VIP List and compare the "Support" field to the "Support Personnel" list.
For records on the data list where the Caller matches someone on the VIP list
AND the content of the Support field matches someone on the Support Personnel
list I want to add one to the counter.