Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open excel in safe mode?

--

Can excel be opened in safe mode, as I cant open it now Not responding and I
think it has some thing to do with my macros. Or maybe is there a way I can
delete some macros without opening that book??

Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can excel be opened in safe mode

Startup Switches for Microsoft Excel

http://support.microsoft.com/default...88&Product=xlw

Example: /s or /safemode

As another idea, here is a Help topic called "Customize how Excel starts"

<Copy..
To prevent macros from automatically running, hold down SHIFT while you
start Excel.
Note If you start Excel from the Office Shortcut Bar, click the Microsoft
Excel button on the Office Shortcut Bar first, and then immediately hold
down SHIFT while Excel starts.

= = =

HTH & Good luck. :)
Dana DeLouis

"Bob Vance" wrote in message

Can excel be opened in safe mode, as I cant open it now Not responding and

think it has some thing to do with my macros. Or maybe is there a way I

can
delete some macros without opening that book??

Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmm. Wait a minute. I don't think I said that correctly. Holding the
"Shift" key came from the help in Excel 2003.

The following article says Safe mode is the Ctrl Key.

<Copy
In Excel 2002 and later, to start Excel in Safe Mode, hold down the CTRL key
while you start Excel. You will receive the following message:

Excel has detected that you are holding down the CTRL key. Do you want to
start Excel in safe mode?
<...end of copy

HOW TO: Prevent Excel from Automatically Opening Files in the Startup Folder
in Excel 2003

I tried it with Excel 2002. Starting by holding the Shift Key gave me the
Add-In warning (Prevents Macros from running). Holding the Ctrl Key gave me
the "Safe Mode" warning. I didn't catch that difference before. :)

HTH
Dana DeLouis.