Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dana DeLouis[_3_] Dana DeLouis[_3_] is offline

Default Open excel in safe mode?

Can excel be opened in safe mode

Startup Switches for Microsoft Excel

http://support.microsoft.com/default...88&Product=xlw

Example: /s or /safemode

As another idea, here is a Help topic called "Customize how Excel starts"

<Copy..
To prevent macros from automatically running, hold down SHIFT while you
start Excel.
Note If you start Excel from the Office Shortcut Bar, click the Microsoft
Excel button on the Office Shortcut Bar first, and then immediately hold
down SHIFT while Excel starts.

= = =

HTH & Good luck. :)
Dana DeLouis

"Bob Vance" wrote in message

Can excel be opened in safe mode, as I cant open it now Not responding and

think it has some thing to do with my macros. Or maybe is there a way I

can
delete some macros without opening that book??

Thanks in advance.........Bob Vance