Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data validation input message

Can anyone please offer any advice? ..... I am using data validation on a
worksheet and would like to resize the message box that appears when the
cell is selected. Can this be done in Excel either using an option or by
using some VBA?

Many thanks,

DT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure what message appears when the cell is *selected*. Are you
referring to the error message that is triggered by an invalid entry? If so,
AFAIK, there is no way to modify it.

--

Vasant

"DT" wrote in message
Can anyone please offer any advice? ..... I am using data validation on a
worksheet and would like to resize the message box that appears when the
cell is selected. Can this be done in Excel either using an option or by
using some VBA?

Many thanks,

DT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, this is the message tip that appears when the cell is selected, not when
invalid data has been entered.

I seem to remember reading in the past that it can be resized using VBA code
but can't for the life of me remember where I read this.

"DT" wrote in message
Can anyone please offer any advice? ..... I am using data validation on

worksheet and would like to resize the message box that appears when the
cell is selected. Can this be done in Excel either using an option or by
using some VBA?

Many thanks,

DT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe you're talking about the actual "Drop Down Box" in data validation
that displays when you select the cell.

If that's the case, the work around to increase the size is to increase the
zoom display, make the choice, then return the zoom to the previous setting.

This can be more easily accomplished using code.

Check out Debra Dalgleish's web site that has a procedure for this:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger
--

HTH,

RD

"DT" wrote in message
Can anyone please offer any advice? ..... I am using data validation on

worksheet and would like to resize the message box that appears when the
cell is selected. Can this be done in Excel either using an option or by
using some VBA?

Many thanks,

DT.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am familiar with resizing comments in Excel but you cannot do the same
with Data Validation can you?

The question I'm asking is whether you can change the size of the message
that appears when the cell (in which Data Validation has been set) is
selected??!!?

Thanks,

DT.