Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DT[_4_] DT[_4_] is offline

Default Data validation input message

I am familiar with resizing comments in Excel but you cannot do the same
with Data Validation can you?

The question I'm asking is whether you can change the size of the message
that appears when the cell (in which Data Validation has been set) is
selected??!!?

Thanks,

DT.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You sure you didn't read about resizing comments?

I don't think I've seen a way to change that data|validation message.

DT wrote:

No, this is the message tip that appears when the cell is selected, not

when
invalid data has been entered.

I seem to remember reading in the past that it can be resized using VBA

code
but can't for the life of me remember where I read this.

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
I'm not sure what message appears when the cell is *selected*. Are you
referring to the error message that is triggered by an invalid entry?

If
so,
AFAIK, there is no way to modify it.

--

Vasant

"DT" wrote in message
Can anyone please offer any advice? ..... I am using data validation

on
worksheet and would like to resize the message box that appears when

the
cell is selected. Can this be done in Excel either using an option

or by
using some VBA?

Many thanks,

DT.