Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default DATA VALIDATION INPUT MESSAGE

Thanks for reading this post.

Is there a way to do the following (in Office 2003)?

1 Change the background colour of the input message window
2 Change the text colour of input message
3 Change the text size and font of input message

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

j,

Those are all determined by Windows settings. You would need to use a custom form fired by the
selection change event to customize any of those things.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jpreman" wrote in message
Thanks for reading this post.

Is there a way to do the following (in Office 2003)?

1 Change the background colour of the input message window
2 Change the text colour of input message
3 Change the text size and font of input message

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bernie,

Thanks for reading and responding to my post.

Appreciate if you could kindly elaborate your response.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Preman

"jpreman" wrote in message
Thanks for reading this post.

Is there a way to do the following (in Office 2003)?

1 Change the background colour of the input message window
2 Change the text colour of input message
3 Change the text size and font of input message

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Preman,

Which part needs elaboration? Windows settings, or using the selection change event and a userform?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jpreman" wrote in message
Thanks for reading this post.

Is there a way to do the following (in Office 2003)?

1 Change the background colour of the input message window
2 Change the text colour of input message
3 Change the text size and font of input message

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the VBE, add a userform to your project, and make sure the name is UserForm1. Add a text box with
your message, and change the colors, fonts etc any way you want. Add pictures. Whatever. Add a
sinlge commandbutton, double click the commandbuttons and add "Unload Me" to the procedure that
appears:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub

Add this to a regular codemodule:

Sub ShowMessage()
Load UserForm1
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

and add this to the sheet's codemodule (assuming your message should appear for cell A3):

If Intersect(Target, Range("A3")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
ShowMessage
End Sub

Then select cell A3, and see what happens.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jpreman" wrote in message
Thanks for reading this post.

Is there a way to do the following (in Office 2003)?

1 Change the background colour of the input message window
2 Change the text colour of input message
3 Change the text size and font of input message

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I haven't used VBE for while. It may take time for me to try out the
solution. Nevertheless, I've now got an idea on how to go about it.

I truly appreciate your kind assistance.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Preman