Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default accessing data from other workbook

Is there any way to access data from the unopened
workbook ??? I would like to use in the procedure data
from the workbook without opening it. Is it possible ?
How ?

Regards,

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is one possibility. You can use a formula in File1 to reference a cell
in File2:

A1: =[File2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1
or
A1: ='C:\My Documents\Excel\Junk1\[File2.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1

You will be asked to update the data when the file is opened.

The easiest way to create the formulas is to have both workbooks open in the
same Excel session. You can type "=" in the cell and then navigate to the
other file and click on the cell you want to link to.

Troy

"Tony" wrote in message
Is there any way to access data from the unopened
workbook ??? I would like to use in the procedure data
from the workbook without opening it. Is it possible ?
How ?

Regards,

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your response. But it is not what I need. I
would like to use this reference not in the cell but in
the procedure. Could it be done ?

.