Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing Data from Closed Workbook

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...SqlRequest.zip
It's in the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

This workbook demonstrates how to get data direct from an MS Access table,
or from an open or closed MS Excel workbook using the workbook function
SQL.REQUEST.

The code is open and commented.
--

Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Seth" wrote in message
When I use ADO to get data from closed workbook, I notice
that it actually opens the closed workbook. This is
occurring over a network, and maybe that is the problem?

Anyway, when I create a RecordSet object and open it, it
creates a duplicate file in the VBA Explorer...even if
the actual document is closed. Everytime I open the
RecordSet, another copy of the workbook appears in the
project explorer window! I think this has something to
do with my first point.

Does anyone know what is going on, or where I can go to
find out more information about Excel and ADO (I have not
been able to find a forum in which this issue is
discussed).

Thanks,

Seth