Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding a named range to a cell

This question is about concatenation and named ranges. On sheet2 of my
workbook, I have a value in a cell named Eddie1. On sheet1, I would
like to have a formula generated in a cell as: "=Eddie1". I use the
word "Eddie" at the top of Column B, and have the numbers 1 through 43
running down the A column. So I thought I could concatenate an = sign,
the name Eddie and the number 1, and come up with the formula
"=Eddie1". It works, in so much as it puts the text "=Eddie1" in the
cell, but it's not a formula.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
John