Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Charting in PowerPoint using Excel

Hi,

I am trying to write a macro in excel that picks up data
from a csv file and then updates a PowerPoint chart. The
problem I have is that I need to access to fourth row and
first column on the datasheet in PowerPoint and I don't
know the cell reference for this cell. I know that "00"
is the cell reference for the first row and first column
but I need to be able to tell it to dump the data in the
fourth row / first column. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

KD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi KD,

From the help file.

On the datasheet, the first column heading (starting on the left) is A,
followed by B, C, D, and so on. The first row heading (starting at the
top) is 1, followed by 2, 3, 4, and so on. Neither the leftmost column
nor the top row has a heading. In other words, column A is actually the
second column from the left; likewise, row 1 is the second row from the
top. The leftmost column and the top row, which are commonly used for
legend text or axis labels, are referred to as column 0 (zero) and row 0
(zero). Thus, the following example inserts the text "Annual Sales" in
the top cell in column A (the second column).

Range("40")

Maybe the Cells(row,column) would be easier to deal with.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel