Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DDE and scrolling

Hi

I'm pulling realtime stock data into Excel 2002 by DDE
populating each next lower row with the latest data. In
other words the column length is constantly increasing.

The application sets up an array to a requested size (of N
rows) and populates it with all #N/A. The incoming data
then replaces these #N/As sequentially, top down.

What I would like to achieve is to set an array (of N rows)
where the newest data is written to the bottom row and the
top row is deleted. The array thus remains the same size
showing only the last N latest updates. (Latest on bottom
row, oldest on top row).

Any VBA help would be much appreciated

leshik
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I not sure how you have you feeds and arrys set up so these suggestion
might be poor, but just some thoughs.

you could put the first arry into another arry of the same size, but
only load the fist one in from the second data set, and "fill" it with
the new data.

but from what you have said, i would just delet a row (at the top of
the table and insert you new data into the next row. - this seem to
obvious so i guess i missing somthing.

good luck
ross