Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't open Excel2003 workbook containing VBA macros with Excel2000.

Can't open Excel2003 workbook containing VBA macros with Excel2000.

I have an Excel2003 workbook with lots of VBA code. I would like to share
it with a person who has Excel2000.

But when an Excel2000 user tries to open it, he gets an error message saying
something about a memory accessing error. What does that mean and how do I
fix it?

PS: It works fine with Excel2003 and ExcelXP, but not with Excel2000.

When I do a "File / SaveAs", there are several options to save it to older
versions of Excel, but I don't see one for Excel2000. The closest thing to
what I think I want is "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook
(*.xls)". But when I try to save it that way, I get an error message that
simply says "file not saved" and gives no further information.

So, my question is: How can I get my Excel2003 macros and VBA code to work
in Excel2000?

Alternatively, if I there is no easy solution, then how can I find out what
part of my code is causing the error so I can fix it and make it compatible
with Excel2000?

Paul June 17, 2004

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have 2003, but can you "Save As" Excel 2000.xls and get it to work
for them?
Mike F
"Paul S. Natanson" (Remove xxx's for real
address.) wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike: Thanks for trying to help. But, as indicated in my original message,
below, in Excel2003, there is no SaveAs Excel2000 option. The closest thing
to what I think I want is SaveAs "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel2003 & 5.0/95
Workbook (*.xls)". But when I try to save it that way, I get an error
message that simply says "file not saved" and gives no further information.

So, I still need to know how I get my Excel2003 macros and VBA code to work
in Excel2000? Alternatively, if I there is no easy solution, then I need to
know how can I find out what part of my VBA code is causing the error so I