Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table two column sum

Hello,
While creating pivot table, I am adding the sum of first
price, which is perfectly ok, but when I add the sum of
other price in the same area, this new sum comes under
the previous sum instead of near it as a next column. How
can I do this?
Thanks,
Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Of I understand the situation correctly then:
select the Data button with your mouse and drag slightly to the right and
release - you should see some "animation" around the button to indicate the
intent is understood.
This should put make you data fields side by side rather than stacked.

Tom Ogilvy

Reg
"JIM.H." wrote in message
Hello,
While creating pivot table, I am adding the sum of first
price, which is perfectly ok, but when I add the sum of
other price in the same area, this new sum comes under
the previous sum instead of near it as a next column. How
can I do this?
Thanks,
Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply

This is my table
name price1 price2
d 11 5
d 11 5
e 13 4

This is Pivot Table I get
name Data Total
d Sum of price1 22
Sum of price2 10
e Sum of price1 13
Sum of price2 4
Total Sum of price1 35
Total Sum of price2 14

What should I do to represent it this way
name Sum of price1 Sum of price2
d 22 10
e 13 4
Total Sum 35 14

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

JIM.H,
From the pivot table tool bar click on format report
select report9 or higher click ok.
don't like the format?
right click select = entire table
Edit clear = format
when refreshed you get the format back
In Pivot table options clear the
"Auto format the table" check box
HTH
Cecil

"JIM.H." wrote in message
Hello,
While creating pivot table, I am adding the sum of first
price, which is perfectly ok, but when I add the sum of
other price in the same area, this new sum comes under
the previous sum instead of near it as a next column. How
can I do this?
Thanks,
Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just what I said. (Gets the basic layout)

then, you can right click in the pivot table, and select Options from the
popup.

Uncheck grand totals for rows
Check grand totals for columns

Tom Ogilvy