Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA - Keeping a chart stationary in a worksheet while scrolling

I want to keep my chart stationary in a worksheet (It is not an objec
in new sheet) while I scroll horizantally or vertically, so tha
whatever changes I make, I can see in the graph directly. Any idea o
how to do this through VBA.

I tried something like :-
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 98").Left 50
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 98").Top 30

But it doesn't work

Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
you may consider using 'Windows - Freeze Panes' and place the chart in
the 'freezed' area

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

I want to keep my chart stationary in a worksheet (It is not an

object
in new sheet) while I scroll horizantally or vertically, so that
whatever changes I make, I can see in the graph directly. Any idea on
how to do this through VBA.

I tried something like :-
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 98").Left 50
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 98").Top 30

But it doesn't work

Mangesh

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the response, but I considered that possibility and th
results are
1. with that option I would have to place the chart in the topmost ro
and then freeze so that I get more area to work with.
2. This would not work when I move the chart to a new location.
3. It doesn't work. When you scroll down, the chart disappears.

- Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mangesh -

The easiest way is to open a new window for the active workbook: use New
Window from the Windows menu. Then arrange the windows so one shows the
chart and the other shows the scrolling worksheet.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

mangesh_yadav < wrote:

I want to keep my chart stationary in a worksheet (It is not an object
in new sheet) while I scroll horizantally or vertically, so that
whatever changes I make, I can see in the graph directly. Any idea on
how to do this through VBA.

I tried something like :-
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 98").Left 50
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 98").Top 30

But it doesn't work

Mangesh

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response, but the problem is I cannot ask the client t
do so. What I want is that once the client moves the chart to
specific location, it remains there - relative to the screen - until h
moves it again. So even if he scrolls the sheet, the chart i
stationary with respect to the screen.

Manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I didn't mean ask the client to do it. I meant write a procedure to do it.

- Jon

mangesh_yadav < wrote:
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response, but the problem is I cannot ask the client to
do so. What I want is that once the client moves the chart to a
specific location, it remains there - relative to the screen - until he
moves it again. So even if he scrolls the sheet, the chart is
stationary with respect to the screen.

Mangesh

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, Jon, I am sorry for the mis-understanding, but it still does no
solve my problem. The user has to keep 2 windows open in that case.

- Manges