Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is it possible to have a stationary text box whilst scrolling therows ?

Lets say a have a few columns of data . To the left of this data is a
text box with some information written in it
When you scroll or the filter the data the text box moves with the
rows and can disappear out of view -is it possible to have a text box
that always remainds in view ? a floating text box ?
I think the answer is probably no - but I an amazed and some of the
ingenuity I have seen on the site

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is it possible to have a stationary text box whilst scrolling the

Perhaps too simple a solution, but would freezing panes meet your requirements?
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

"JohnC" wrote:

Lets say a have a few columns of data . To the left of this data is a
text box with some information written in it
When you scroll or the filter the data the text box moves with the
rows and can disappear out of view -is it possible to have a text box
that always remainds in view ? a floating text box ?
I think the answer is probably no - but I an amazed and some of the
ingenuity I have seen on the site

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi John,

You can, of course, freeze the columns to the left and/or rows above the area you want to scroll. Excel gives you two options:
.. splitting the worksheet, so that the columns to the left and/or rows above the area you want to scroll are locked; and
.. freezing the panes, so that the columns to the left and/or rows above the area you want to scroll can themselves be scrolled.

--
Cheers
macropod

"JohnC" wrote in message ...
Lets say a have a few columns of data . To the left of this data is a
text box with some information written in it
When you scroll or the filter the data the text box moves with the
rows and can disappear out of view -is it possible to have a text box
that always remainds in view ? a floating text box ?
I think the answer is probably no - but I an amazed and some of the
ingenuity I have seen on the site

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Maybe applying* a simple DV input msg would suffice?
It'll float next to the cell(s) as you scroll down
*Select the range, click Data Validation Input message tab ...
--
Max
Singapore
"JohnC" wrote in message
Lets say a have a few columns of data . To the left of this data is a
text box with some information written in it
When you scroll or the filter the data the text box moves with the
rows and can disappear out of view -is it possible to have a text box
that always remainds in view ? a floating text box ?
I think the answer is probably no - but I an amazed and some of the
ingenuity I have seen on the site

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 16, 8:04*pm, "Max" wrote:
Maybe applying* a simple DV input msg would suffice?
It'll float next to the cell(s) as you scroll down
*Select the range, click Data Validation Input message tab ...
--
Max
Singapore"JohnC" wrote in message

Lets say a have a few columns of data . To the left of this data is a
text box with some information written in it
When you scroll or the *filter the data the text box moves with the
rows and can disappear out of view -is it possible to have a text box
that *always remainds in view ? a floating text box ?
I think the answer is probably no - but I an amazed and some of the
ingenuity I have seen on the site- Hide quoted text -

Great!! the Date validation box did the trick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Glad to hear. Celebrate it, ring the stars in google
--
Max
Singapore