Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying Dates from One sheet to another

I am finishing up my workbook and am having difficulty having tw
columns of dates on my master worksheet copy onto my second workshee
in my desired format.

For example:

In my primary worksheet I enter my dates in Columns "N"
and "O".

Ex. Entered First sheet:

Column N ("First Date") is 31-Jan-04
Column O ("Date 2") is 28-Feb-04

On my second sheet am trying to have these two dates replicate i
Column "N" as

RESULT:

Row N1 = 31-Jan-04
Row N2 = 31-Jan-04
Row N3 = 28-Feb-04
Row N4 = 28-Feb-04

Has anyone done something like this yet or can offer any suggestions?
appreciate all the advice so far.

The rest of the worksheet I have done in VBA. Having my othe
information entered into my primary sheet has not been a problem excep
for the date.

*To get an idea of my overall goal is I building a workbook where dat
entered into the "Primary sheet" replicates into four rows on m
"Secondsheet" I have been able to write commands to do the basi
elements of this but this date issue has been unsuccessful.

Thanks again,
Mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello, Matt!

You need to format the cells before moving the dates into them.

Range("N1:N4").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "dd-mmm-yy"
[n1] = Range("First_Date").Value
[n2] = [n1]
[n3] = Range("Date_2").Value
[n4] = [n3]

Regards,
Wes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does the pattern of dates continue? IE

First sheet -goto -Second Shee
N1 N1, N
O1 N3, N
N2 N5, N
O2 N7, N
N3 N9, N1
O3 N11, N1

If so, use this formula in column N on your second sheet
=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(CEILING((ROW()-1)/4+1,1),IF(MOD(FLOOR(ROW()/2,1),2)=1,14,15)))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks to both of you. i wam trying this out right now. i will post i
a few how it works out.

thanks,
mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, I have been working with your instructions but I have not been abl
to get it to work. Any suggetions for VB editor?

thanks, Matt

~× wrote:
*Does the pattern of dates continue? IE:

First sheet -goto -Second Sheet
N1 N1, N2
O1 N3, N4
N2 N5, N6