Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marko Pinteric

Default Dynamic column chart - copying from Sheet to Sheet.

Dear charting experts!

I have created dynamic column chart according to Jon Peltier's
instructions on page

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...umnChart1.html

Dynamic column chart works fine, I have only problem with copying it. I
copy the whole sheet along with the graph on it. Defined names change
as expected (from Sheet1!ChartValues to Sheet2!ChartValues), however
graph on the new sheet cell references no longer refer to defined names,
but to arrays of numbers. I have to correct these to make graph work
with new set of data. Is there any way to copy sheet and retain cell
references to defined names?

Thanks for the answer,

Marko Pinteric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier

I've brought this up with Microsoft, and the loss of link information is "by
design". Huh! It only happens with sheet-level names, not workbook-level
names. Moving the sheet does not kill the links.

The thing to do is to save the workbook, move the sheet to a new workbook,
close the original workbook without saving changes, reopen the workbook, and
move the sheet into it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______