Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Bypassing Worksheet SAVE

Hi

does anyone know how to bypass the save function when you
close down excel? I have a spreadsheet which has a
programmed button which writes out text to a file so the
cell contents of the spreadsheet don't need to be saved,
but of course everytime the sheet is used excel senses a
change and therefore prompts the user to save the
spreadsheet.

I would like to bypass the 2nd save request as users think
they've already saved the data (which they have). My
intention is to include something in the programmed save
along the lines:

application.autosave = false

but I don't know which property I should be using.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try one of

Activeworkook.saved = tru

Activeworkbook.close SaveChanges:=false
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Activeworkbook.close false

will close the workbook and not prompt to be saved.

and

activeworkbook.Saved =true

will make Excel think that the workbook has been saved.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com