Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
peter peter is offline

Default Bypassing Worksheet SAVE

Hi

does anyone know how to bypass the save function when you
close down excel? I have a spreadsheet which has a
programmed button which writes out text to a file so the
cell contents of the spreadsheet don't need to be saved,
but of course everytime the sheet is used excel senses a
change and therefore prompts the user to save the
spreadsheet.

I would like to bypass the 2nd save request as users think
they've already saved the data (which they have). My
intention is to include something in the programmed save
along the lines:

application.autosave = false

but I don't know which property I should be using.

Thanks in advance for any responses.