Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default TextBoxes on a Form

Hi, I have a form with a lot of textboxes on it, they are
confirgured as Borderstyle single, and are right next to
each other so that it looks like a spreadsheet, at form
load I do a loop around some values ex a query from an
external data source and populate the textboxes down the
left hand side, to prevent people from changing the data
in these textboxes I have set them as Enabled = False.
But this causes the text to become grey, is there any way
I can keep the text black but prevent the contents of the
textbox from being changed ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Neil,

Try the Locked property.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another trick is to place them onto a Frame and set the Frame Enabled to
False.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Neil" skrev i melding
Hi, I have a form with a lot of textboxes on it, they are
confirgured as Borderstyle single, and are right next to
each other so that it looks like a spreadsheet, at form
load I do a loop around some values ex a query from an
external data source and populate the textboxes down the
left hand side, to prevent people from changing the data
in these textboxes I have set them as Enabled = False.
But this causes the text to become grey, is there any way
I can keep the text black but prevent the contents of the
textbox from being changed ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Neil, you can also put them in a label and use chr(13) to do a line return
so that each entry is on a new line.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Neil" wrote in message
Hi, I have a form with a lot of textboxes on it, they are
confirgured as Borderstyle single, and are right next to
each other so that it looks like a spreadsheet, at form
load I do a loop around some values ex a query from an
external data source and populate the textboxes down the
left hand side, to prevent people from changing the data
in these textboxes I have set them as Enabled = False.
But this causes the text to become grey, is there any way
I can keep the text black but prevent the contents of the
textbox from being changed ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can replace your textboxes with labels. Labels can be formatted to look
like your textboxes.

Tom Ogilvy

"Neil" wrote in message
Hi, I have a form with a lot of textboxes on it, they are
confirgured as Borderstyle single, and are right next to
each other so that it looks like a spreadsheet, at form
load I do a loop around some values ex a query from an
external data source and populate the textboxes down the
left hand side, to prevent people from changing the data
in these textboxes I have set them as Enabled = False.
But this causes the text to become grey, is there any way
I can keep the text black but prevent the contents of the
textbox from being changed ?

Textboxes SAL Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 13th 07 12:24 AM
tab between several textboxes Kim Excel Worksheet Functions 0 May 9th 05 04:08 PM
textboxes libby Excel Programming 5 April 13th 04 06:32 PM
Form Textboxes Pat[_11_] Excel Programming 1 February 3rd 04 09:42 PM
userform textboxes Jo[_6_] Excel Programming 4 October 21st 03 07:15 PM