Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Optimize RAM Utilization

http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Paul M." wrote in message
We commonly create large workbooks for client solutions that are used within

our ScarDec System but are challenged by the use of RAM by these workbooks and
the RAM freed up by the Save operation.

Example - A 40mb Excel file opens to 130mb of RAM, but will drop to 89mb once

a save command is executed. Another 80mb Excel file opens to 220mb but will
drop to 140mb once saved (this one originally had some Scenario Manager work
which was later removed). We assume that the save procedure is either dropping
some background data or compressing data.
- Already tried reducing the # of Undo's in the registry - no results
- Workbooks do not include extensive VBA code in the workbook, they access

proprietary DLL's but that should have not impact on RAM

Any ideas on programming solutions to achieve the lower RAM utilization

without having to execute a "time consuming" save operation. Can additional
parameters be added to the file opening procedure? Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

---